Merino Samples or Swatches and Fabric Availability.
When buying fabric you sometimes need to see the colour or feel the weight or texture. I am happy to send small samples of merino fabrics but here are things you need to know:
1. There is a cost of $3.50NZD for postage and handling. Sorry I get so many requests from all around the world so this cost covers the stamps envelope and handling.
2. I can only send samples if I have a sample to cut from. This is because many of the fabrics are one offs or unique or may be the last pieces left.
3. The samples will be small- only a few cm x a few cm. This is because to send them for this postage cost, they have to be sent as a letter. If the envelope is too thick, NZ post deems that it is not a letter or document so it has to be sent as a parcel which costs a whole lot more to send.
4. How many samples can I get- I can about 12 samples on a page.
5. Sometimes we won't have the fabric sample you want, but we may have the same fabric in a different colour if you are wanting to only check the weight or texture so we may substitute samples.
6. It takes about 6-10 working days for the letter to be delivered to you by standard airmail. There is no guarantee that by the time you want the order, the same fabrics on the sample sheet will be available or available in the lengths required.
7. There are some core colours and weights that we can supply long term or in larger quantities so please ask if you need a larger order or if you are manufacturing.
8. Just send an email if you want to check fabric availability but please give me an idea of how many metres you need.
9. To be advised when new fabrics arrive, follow us on Facebook.