Merino Fabric Washing Instructions.
Washing Instructions for Merino Wool Fabrics.
All the merinos are machine washable or you can hand wash. There is no need to dry clean.
Here are the washing instructions:
- Use a wool or delicate cycle on your machine.
- Use a cool or cold water temperature.
- Wash dark colours separately.
- Use normal washing powder or detergent ( but NOT one with a fabric softener, whitener or bleach) or use a Wool approved detergent like Softly.
- Dry flat in shade away from direct sunlight if you can. You can hang over a line, avoid peg marks. NEVER use the dryer- if you do it may shrink.
- Cool iron if required- you shouldn’t need to iron at all if dried flat or just hung with no pegs.
And now the list of DO NOTS:
- Do not soak.
- Do not use hot water.
- Do not use soaps, spot cleaner, whiteners, bleach or fabric softener. Bleach or whitening laundry products are too harsh for the natural wool fibres and you may end up with these products eating away at the fibres which can cause holes.
With any fabric, there may be some shrinkage in width and or length. We are unable to advise which fabric will or will not shrink or by how much so please purchase a little extra if this is of concern and prewash so any shrinkage occurs before you make your garment.