Order and Shipping FAQs
Shipping during Covid 19 at the Orange Light SettingThere are no delays to dispatching orders. We are able to dispatch orders as usual which is by the next working day for fabrics that are in stock. We use a contactless courier service for NZ delivery and tracked post or courier for all international orders.
- NZ Delivery time frame: We use NZ Post which was Courierpost so normally delivery will take 2-3 days for all locations. Rural delivery may need an extra day or 2 for delivery.
Rural delivery- A rural delivery fee is charged for all RD addresses so please select the RD shipping option at checkout.
To check if your address is classified as Non Urban/Rural please use the Courierpost address checker here: https://www.courierpost.co.nz/tools/address-checker
If the incorrect shipping option is selected and your address is rural, we will contact you by email to arrange payment of the difference as the rural surcharge is a direct charge by the courier company.
- International delivery time frames: For tracked post the target delivery is about 3-4 weeks. For DHL courier to Canada and USA, about 7-10 days. For NZ Post International courier, about 14-20 working days. As there are still limited flights due to Covid 19, please allow at least an extra week for delivery. For sample sheets sent as untracked letter post, it may take between 3 to 6 weeks for delivery and they are not trackable.
- Postage rates: We keep our shipping cost transparent as we are so far from the rest of the world. The shipping rates differ depending on where the fabric is being sent. Don't be put off if the shipping looks expensive. Look at the overall cost and covert to your own currency as our prices are in NZD and then work at the per metre price in your currency. The more you buy the per metre cost for shipping will decrease. We are happy to provide a shipping cost for your order if you want us to check if there is another option for your order.
- Online shipping calculation:
- If you order is less than $250NZD and under a certain weight the website will automatically calculate the shipping cost for your order.
- If the order is over $250NZD, there are different shipping options available ( tracked post depending on the final parcel weight being less than 2kgs, DHL courier, NZ Post standard courier and NZ Post Express courier) and if the website is unable to automatically work out the shipping cost please contact us. We will send an invoice for payment the same way as payment is made for an online order but we will manually add in the correct shipping cost.
- If you want us to check an online shipping calculation before you pay, just send us an email with your order and address. The website may not be able to calculate the cost for some countries so send us an email to check if we can ship to your country and for the cost.
- To purchase more fabric in one length
- On a 1m listing, add the item to a shopping cart. Once in the shopping cart, change the amount to 2 for the fabric to be sent as a 2m length. Or on a 1.5m listing, if you order 2 it will be sent as a 3m length.
- Precut pieces: If listing shows that only precut pieces are available or is an odd length e.g. 1.2m, the fabric is already cut to that length and will be sent as separate pieces if ordering more than 1 piece.
- To order more fabric, check lengths or the shipping cost please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note not all our stock is online so there may be more fabric available than what is shown online.
- All prices are shown in NZD.
How to order:
For delivery to a New Zealand address
For NZ delivery- you can use the online shopping cart for fabrics and the cost for delivery will be calculated on checkout. Please choose non RD address as the shipping option for urban delivery or the RD address option if your address is rural. If you are not sure if your address is rural click here. https://www.courierpost.co.nz/tools/address-checker/
However if the order is over $250 you will need to ask us for the courier cost as the website may be unable to calculate the bag size or cost.
For larger orders, please send an email us your order and we can send an invoice or advise the courier cost.
For Delivery To A Non New Zealand Address:
For most orders that are estimated to be under 4 kgs in shipping weight you will be able to checkout online as the website can automatically calculate a cost. Sometimes the website cannot do an automatic calculation because of the weight, value or destination country. In that case please email us and we can send an invoice with the correct shipping for the final parcel weight and destination.
If you do proceed through the check out to make payment, the final overseas shipping cost is generally correct but sometimes it may by more or less than the shipping charge shown. If you want us to check the shipping cost is correct before ordering, please send us an email email@example.com. If the website calculation is incorrect you may receive a refund if the postage is over paid by more than $4NZD or we may email you about the additional cost.
For Samples sheets, we use standard untracked post as these are posted at the letter rate. For all international parcels, they will be sent as tracked post or by courier. We have 2 courier options available with NZ Post or with DHL. We will choose the service that is the most cost effective for your order.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERING GUIDE FOR CUSTOMS
All of orders are shipped from New Zealand, which means packages must be cleared by local customs as they enter your country. We are required to complete a customs declaration which is placed on the parcel which has the type of item purchased (e.g. Fabric) and the value of the items purchased (this value excludes the shipping cost). We mark all parcels as Merchandise/Sample as the items sold are part of a commercial transaction.
Please DO NOT ask us to mark the parcel as a Gift to avoid paying any customs duty in your country as that would be asking us to make a false declaration.
For all DHL courier parcels the invoice will be uploaded electronically to assist with faster customs clearance.
Customs Duty and Taxes levied by your Country
We do not know or have exact information as to when or if customs duty, VAT, import tax, customs handling fees or other taxes or charges will be charged and payable on your parcel when it arrives in your country so please make you own enquiries.
Orders exceeding your country’s current tax threshold will be subject to taxes and duties when being processed through customs. These taxes and duties will be calculated by your local customs agency, and will be the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Please check for yourself what the threshold in your country is.
For some countries there may be a customs handling fee for DHL parcels.
How long does it take for my parcel to be delivered in NZ?
You should receive your parcel within 2 to 3 working days of placing your order if it is going to a New Zealand address. Allow an extra day or two if the address is Rural Delivery or standard post since NZ Post no longer delivers mail daily.
Delivery is with NZ Post who may require a signature on delivery. If no one is home to receive the goods they will leave a card with contact information to indicate their arrival and the goods will be held in a local depot for you to arrange redelivery or pick up at your leisure. Some customers use their work address for delivery if nobody is at home to receive goods.
NZ Rural Addresses: If you address is Rural, a rural surcharge $4.30 is added by NZ Post for all parcels so please choose the RD address option on checkout.
How long does it take for delivery to an overseas address by courier?
A tracked courier which needs a signature on delivery normally takes 2 to 4 weeks for delivery as it needs to clear customs in your country and be delivered by your local courier service. All tracked post items may take 4-6 weeks for delivery depending on the destination due to limited flight options with the NZ border still being closed.
Any customs duty or taxes are the responsibility of the buyer. Each country has different limits and duty levied so please check with your local customs department if any duty may be payable on your order. For orders sent by courier, a copy of the invoice will be attached to the outside of the parcel or uploaded electronically. A copy will be emailed to you with the tracking number.
This option is tracked, needs a signature on delivery and is insured, free of charge, against loss or damage if the order is under $2000. Over that value, additional insurance will need to be paid for.
If the order is over $1000, an export certificate is required to send the items which we will need to apply for and there is a documentation cost. Please email us if you have a large order.
How is shipping for overseas destinations calculated for fabric?
Overseas shipping is based on the final parcel weight and destination. The website calculates an estimate of the shipping weight to work out the shipping cost.
The website estimated weight may be more or less than the actual parcel weight so we may have to issue a refund if the automatic calculation is too much or send an invoice for more shipping if it is undercharged.
To get a correct shipping invoice or an estimate, send us an email and we can invoice the correct amount for payment on your credit card.
What shipping service is used for overseas addresses?
We use New Zealand Post tracked International post and NZ Post or DHL tracked couriers to deliver overseas. Delivery times vary depending on which country the package is going to and the time of year - see above foe delivery timeframes.
We also use DHL couriers and the DHL courier cost may differ from the NZ Post EMS courier cost so we will let you know if there is a better option. DHL may charge a customs clearance fee which is the buyer's responsibility.
In accordance with New Zealand law we attach customs documentation to international deliveries which include a description and value of the items. Any additional customs charges imposed by the country of destination are the responsibility of the receiver.
We use secure Shopify Checkout which provides you with a fast and streamlined service, and accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex.
CURRENCY IS NZD
All prices are in New Zealand dollars and the cost is as shown on each listing and is the same regardless of domestic or overseas shipping.
For New Zealand customers this includes 15% New Zealand Goods and Services Tax (GST) .
I want to order 2 metres- will it be sent as one continuous length?
If you would like to order 2m of fabric,on a listing for 1m, just change the quantity to 2 and it will be sent as one continuous 2 metre length.
For a 1.5m length, choose the 1.5m listing for that fabric.
There will be some fabrics where this is not possible to order longer lengths but the listing will state if there are only precut pieces available where the fabric is already cut to that length. If you are ordering from the sale section where they are precut pieces, the fabric will be sent as separate pieces.
I want to order lots of fabric and need a shipping estimate?
We suggest you add everything to the shopping cart ( this does not commit you to buy the items). Then when you have the items you need a shipping cost for, just copy and paste the items into an email to us. This will give us the fabrics and lengths and will save you time, typing them into an email.