Machine washing merino wool fabric April 24 2019
All the merino fabrics are machine washable so it makes this fabric easy to care for.
- Use a wool or delicate cycle on your machine.
- Use a cool or cold water temperature.
- Preferably use a detergent for woolens ( or if using normal powder or liquid laundry wash ensure you do NOT use one that has fabric softener, whitener or bleach).
- Dry flat in shade away from direct sunlight if you can. You can hang over a line, avoid peg marks. NEVER use the dryer- if you do it may shrink.
- Cool iron if required- you shouldn’t need to iron at all if dried flat or just hung with no pegs.
- Do not soak.
- Do not use hot water.
- Do not use soaps, spot cleaner, whiteners, bleach or fabric softener. Bleach or whitening laundry products are too harsh for the natural wool fibres and you may end up with these products eating away at the fibres which can cause holes.